As a mom, it seems hard to believe but it’s a halfway through the child’s first year. In the first six months, a baby should begin to eat solid foods and learn to communicate by laughing, smiling and babbling away. This article will provide you several milestones of your baby you can expect to attain in the first six months.
A baby will begin to sit up alone by six months old. To get him ready, let him wear a baby jumper because this will somewhat prevent him from getting dirty later. A baby will first support himself up with his hands, and over time he will begin to let go where he can sit unsupported and independently.
A six months baby can surely roll from his back to stomach, where some of the babies can drive themselves on the floor with that rolling method. Your baby can now roll unsupported; do not be worried if putting him to sleep on his back and wakes up on his tummy. Keeping stuffed animals, soft items and pillows are a good idea for him when sleeping.
A baby needs a lot of stimulation and he will not only focus on such things because he also wants to learn something new. So give time for a baby to have a quieter time, a time for him to play on his own with no other prompts. This is a way to practice where he can learn to amuse himself a bit.
Advisable Tips for Babies at Six Months
- You must be aware that at six months your baby should be able to have important milestones like making eye contact, responds to sounds, sits alone, smile, laugh, and babble. If you think your baby is missing one of this, call a pediatrician.
- Play games with your baby like peek-a-boo because this teaches them the thought of object immovability.
- Put just out of reach toys on floor play mat to encourage them to begin crawling.
- See to it that you put away toys that are small to prevent it from choking.
It will also be hard to keep the baby healthy during their first six months. So below are 5 ways to keep the baby healthy during that time period.
5 Simple Ways to Keep Your Baby Healthy
- Mom should get enough vitamin D. Breast milk is beneficial for the baby providing vitamins and minerals that it protects him from illnesses. Vitamin D from the mother will be transferred to the baby through breast milk. Another way to consume Vitamin B is the source of food like mushrooms, fortified beverages, and salmon.
- Provide vitamin D supplement. Even if a mom is making so much effort to get enough vitamin D to boost the vitamin D intake of the baby, it is also beneficial to consider the supplement of vitamin D for your baby.
- Always see to it that your baby is getting enough sleep. Getting enough sleep is important for babies because they are growing fast. A newly born infant to half of year baby needs sixteen to twenty hours of sleep a day. If they are about to turn four months, sleep will be reduced and they only spend sleeping thirteen to seventeen hours a day.
- A mom should have proper and adequate nutrition. Proper and adequate nutrition is important for babies as well as for mother because babies had to rely on their mothers’ breast milk as a source of food. In other words, it’s essential for a mother to consume healthy foods to boost the minerals and vitamins in breast milk.
- Always practice a correct and proper hygiene. We usually see babies putting their hands in their mouth, so as a mom see to it that the hands are clean. You don’t only have to clean the hands, but everything that must be clean. The health of the baby is important that is why giving him proper hygiene will fight any illnesses.
It is really true that all babies are different and even though we can support and encourage them a lot, they will still do things at their own pace, in their own time. Teaching and encouraging them are not only the essential factors, the best factor is to show them how much we really love and care for them; their unforgettable milestones matters most for moms.